Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Retreat Fun!



Well it was a fun filled weekend of knitting at Middle Beach Lodge this past weekend.  Designer Amy Swenson came all the way from Toronto to join us for a cozy weekend of knitting.  It was so great meeting new people and reconnecting with past retreaters and visitors!  I now have the new challenge of designing my own shawl!  With all the tools that Amy provided I'm feeling a lot more confident about taking that next step.  Photographing your knitting was a fun class that provided some new insight into how to make your work look great.  I brought in my dreaded Sparkly Jacket (a.k.a. the jacket from hell) to photograph as I really didn't do much with it after it was done.  The picture turned out MUCH better than my original which is posted below.



We are hosting our first ever Fall Retreat here November 2-4 with designer Fiona Ellis!  Details will be posted soon so stay tuned!  It will be at Middle Beach Lodge again and I'm really looking forward to it!  Hope you can join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment